Day 1

I’m happy to say that we’re back up and running! The cables I ordered from Apple the other day have arrived, so my battery level is slowly climbing back out of the red. I am able to charge my phone as well, which means total communication blackout is no longer a concern! Wahoo!

I spent my first full day in Tunbridge Wells doing a little bit of exploring. I was up and at it around nine thirty on Sunday morning, so I got myself dressed and went for a mosey around the shopping centre. I’m on a pretty frugal budget for now as I still need to open up a bank account, but what a lovely day it was. The sun was shining, the breeze was cool, and said shopping centre is only ten minutes away from the house. I went to Marks and Spencer (for the Canadians who have been here before and the Brits who know the significance of this, no, I did not buy underpants, just a lovely beetroot and horseradish chutney that accompanied my cheese and cracker dinner marvelously) and had a nice drink out in a courtyard where I listened to a lady play her fiddle for about half an hour. I had a good chat with my biff, convinced her that the ‘Bottom Shop’ didn’t just sell the bottom of things, and was regaled with tales of long weekend plans got awry due to some pretty horrific weather. I heard my grandmother in my ear saying “if you wait for the weather you won’t do anything”, but a day at the beach avec threats of thunder and lightening is historically disastrous, so I gave her a pass this time.

Today has been a bit of a dud. I had to wait for my delivery to show up, which meant I couldn’t leave the house until I had signed for it. But I am quite efficient at relaxing (one of my better qualities) and took the time to chill and plan for the next few days.  I’m now sitting on my bed, typing to you lovely people and listening to the church bells chime and the rain pattering on my windows. I did giggle along with everyone that made the jokes (‘Enjoy the sun while you’re here, you’ll never see it again!’) but I have to admit this kind of weather zens me out. It’s a little less fun to get around in now that I don’t have a vehicle, but hey. I’m adaptable.

I also had a chat with my cousin this morning and I’m trying to make plans to head up north for the long weekend at the end of August. My first round of attempting to buy train tickets, coming to a theatre near you soon. >.< I took a look online last night and it looks like an overly complicated process. Either that or it was sheer exhaustion confusing me – I’ll take another look tonight when I get home. If I’m still confused, it’ll just be because I’m a dumbass.

I have dinner scheduled this evening with one of the girls from the office, so I need to go make myself presentable (it takes a LONG time). This is Yatesey, over and out!

Love yourselves, darlings.

Em xo

⇒ please note that while I would love to claim responsibility for the badassery of the feature image used in this post, I regret to inform you that it was not taken and is not owned by me. click here for original image. ⇐


2 thoughts on “Day 1

  1. Adrianna says:

    YAY I love this!! Also… I knew it would rain.. HA ! I am also uber jealous of this “courtyard” with a fiddle player… sounds like you’re adapting quite well my lady. MISS YOU

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s